Spinning Records


The other Sunday, I listened to my Pastor, Victor Tate, make a profound statement. There are moments in our lives "that call us for to delete some things that are no longer any good for us!" Delete things that aren't purposed for where you are in life right now. Once the thing or things that weren't adding to your purpose are deleted, what do you fill the space with? The challenge isn't deleting, but filling the space with something that is meaningful to your purpose. 


Repeating the same steps while going in a new direction won't work. Deleting things is important, but don't delete the lessons learned or your reasoning for deleting in the first place. Often times, we delete things and end up repeating those same scenarios in our lives because we fill our wants first before our needs. The process of deleting requires us to prioritize, organize and reassess what's needed versus what's wanted. I want a new, brand new care but I need a car that is functioning and good on gas. We have to accept our reality so that we don't repeat the same mistakes. 

Many of us will say to ourselves, "If I take away from what I have, then I will go without!"  If you have ever gone to a club or event with a line, then this will make sense to you. When the lines are long, out the door, around the corner... two things are being done. It's creating the illusion that "hey, somethings happening here"and it's also following the process of delete and repeat. When a few people leave, others come in. Just like when we delete things in our lives. As things end or chapters close, it will require a moment of void and emptiness. In those moments of silence put on repeat "purpose", so you're reminded of what's about to be added as opposed to what's been taken away. Don't delete to repeat! Delete to build purpose. 

Comments

Popular Posts