Where's the Love Because Hate Crimes are Real in America

I’m very disappointed in @jussiesmollett. Even more upset with all the people that poured their hearts out to someone, because they are a celebrity whom they’ve never known or may never see.
Three months ago multiple guys jumped me on Edgewood Avenue here in @cityofatlantaga based on their perception of my sexual orientation. They left me in a coma, life support, a catheter and in the hospital for days through the Thanksgiving holiday.
I was listed as a “John Doe” for nearly 24 hours before anyone was ever to locate me, after I did not show up for my 100-Proof Radio Show @rollingout. Yet, we say, “Atlanta Is The City Too Busy To Hate.” @atlcouncil
However, no one was outraged or said a word in my defense publicly after I revealed all of the images and videos to public officials and media immediately after it occurred. Here, I am someone you can see and touch everyday with valuable contributions to the Atlanta community.
My vocal cords are damaged from the hospital tubes down my throat, which has prevented me from returning to my radio show/podcast. The PTSD that takes place after an incident like this is real and has forced me into mental therapy. Something isn’t right when our society puts so much into celebrities whom you will never know, touch, or see in person.
The media and society should show just as much concern for those they can see everyday.
No weapons formed against me shall prosper. HE brightened up my darkest hour. Thank You LORD for another chance. #ILoveLife #IHavePurpose#ILoveTheLord #IMadeItThrough #GodKeptMeHere
The saddest of it all is that to this day, I have not been able to share this with my mother. Here’s why? My mom has lost three kids under 30 (2 murdered in Chicago and 1 drowned in St. Louis). I had to partially heal mentally and physically first; I guess, I will be forced to tell her now, before one of you do.
Special thanks to @rashad_richey for being the only person to discuss the story and post the video of the assailants making homophobic slurs toward me in the video... @keishabottoms @atlcvb @mattwestmoreland @alithemosthigh7 @feliciamooreatl @andre4atlanta # Felicia A. Moore # Matt Westmoreland # Amir Farokhi # Andre Dickens # Cleta Winslow#HateCrimesAreReal #HateIsReal

Comments

Popular Posts